Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Weather Hawk

Yes - I'm a weather hawk! Julie actually jokes that if I ever leave ministry, I'll become a weatherman. So, for those of you who share my passion, it is Tuesday night, 9;47 PM and I am watching this storm come in. Here's the details...

- Today in B'ham it was VERY windy (over 50 mph)
- We lost power from 2:30 PM until just about 10 minutes ago (9:30 PM) - that is the 7th time we have lost power this year. It's getting old...but we have the routine down. Head-lamps (thanks for the Christmas gifts, family), put the perishables in a cooler and set outside, start a fire, chop some wood, shut all the doors, and hunker down.
- Presently, it is lightly snowing, and at my house, 34 degrees. Note: when we got home this evening, at 8:30, it was 37.5. In 1 hour it has dropped over 3 degrees and still dropping. The snow is not sticking yet...

That's all for now!

No comments: