Monday, March 05, 2007

Oh, so close

So, last Saturday our indoor soccer team was playing for the "championship" of our league. It was a great games, close-fought the whole time, tied 3-3 with 2 minutes left when I struck a perfectly placed shot that clipped the upper-left post and rattled in for the 'game-winner.' The keeper never had a chance. Prior to that goal I had perhaps my best assist of a goal all season with a nifty spin move and pass to go with a second assist I had. So, I was looking good with '4 points' in the game as our team took a 5-4 lead. Then, horror.

I subbed myself out of the game thinking with 1 minute and 30 seconds left, it would be better for us to have defensive players on the field. Alas, we gave up two goals in 90 seconds and lost 5-4. It was oh so close!

No comments: