Thursday, September 13, 2007

Whistler...and Mom

Julie and I had the awesome privilege of spending a week at Whistler. Known mainly as a ski resort, Whister actually has as much to do in summer (if not more) than winter. Julie and I did some mountain biking, hiking, golfing, eating, sleeping, and more. It was a special time for sure. As many of you now know, my Mom unexpectedly passed away on August 23rd. She loved the mountains and there are few places that offer a better view of the mountains then Whistler. As my thoughts often turned to my Mom and my family during our trip, it was comforting to be in a setting that she would have like so much. I am working on a web-page that will be dedicated to my Mom. I will let you know when it's finished.

As for Whistler, here are some of the highlights:
- Coming face to face with a Black Bear: TWICE!
- The top of Whistler, which, on a sunny day (which we had twice), offers a full, unobstructed 360 degree view of mountain vistas
- Hiking: Julie and I did a couple of hikes up in these mountains; our favorite trail being to Harmony Lake
- Eating: Whistler Village offers a number of fine places to eat. We did it all from "Old Spaghetti Factor" to "Elements" (a tapas bar), to "Zogs" (where we had chili dogs with gravy/cheesy french fries).

To see all the pictures I've uploaded, click here.

No comments: