Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Years Snow-Shoe

Ok, I know I haven't even posted my Christmas pictures...they're coming. But I've already had a few people ask me about snow-shoeing today, Jan. 1st, 2011. So here are all the pics (click here). One caveat - all the pictures were taken with my new 50mm f/1.8 lens - super sharp, but maybe not what I would have chosen for this day. Still, results were great.

And if your'e interested, I went with Steve Runge. We went up to Artist Ridge, from there we hung a left and went all the way up to Artist Point...and seeing we were still doing great on time, we went all the way across Ptarmigan Ridge, to the saddle where you would normally drop down to the lakes (not sure the name). It was a gorgeous, perfect day. Got so hot we were down to t-shirts for awhile.







Steve



2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! Really liked the last photo especially.
The scenery must have been breathtaking.
I imagine you could really get sunburned up there!

looking forward to babysitting theB

Grandma/MIL Judy

Julie said...

That second photo is my favorite. Very sharp focus on the branch and ice, which is what I like about the photo