Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chain Lakes Loop + Bagley Lakes

Yesterday I spent most of the day up in the mountains, hiking the Chain Lakes Loop + Bagley Lakes. It was hot, and gorgeous. It's probably the earliest in the season I've hiked these trails and there was lots of snow still. The entire approach up to the Herman Saddle was one huge snow-field. Forget trail finding...it's just hike straight up and hope you don't slip. Still, I had a blast.

Surprisingly, there were very few people on the trails...maybe because of the condition (too many snow bridges). Even with my trekking poles I did take one fall while crossing a snow bridge...slid about 15' or so. The solitude was so worth it!

Here's a link to all the photos, or some of my favorites below.


Table Mountain




Mazama Lake

Table Mountain

Aptly named "iceberg lake"

Iceberg Lake
Hayes Lake

Hayes Lake



No comments: