Monday, April 16, 2007

More Travel Fun...

So I made it home from San Diego, but not before more fun. Sometimes I wonder if the airlines really know what they're doing...???
- I was assigned seat 14F
- I asked to move to an aisle: they gave me seat 11D, an exit row aisle seat.
- They scan my new boarding pass and all these alarms go off. Apparently, somebody else has seat 11D.
- They issue me a new boarding pass, seat 13F, an non-exit row window seat. Ugh
- They scan that boarding pass and again, alarms go off. They look it up on the computer and say that the 'second person' assigned to that seat is ME.
- I board the plane only to find someone already sitting in seat 13F, and it's not me.
- There are no flight attendants around so I have to go "against traffic" back to the front of the plane and notify the flight attendant.
- After she makes 2 phone calls, the "gate people" (2 of them), come running down, onto the plane. They go to seat 13F and take that poor guy's boarding pass and disappear back up the ramp.
- They return and tell me to go to seat 12B, an exit row 'center' seat.

Finally, I make it home.

No comments: