Saturday, November 04, 2006

Thanksgiving QUESTION

Questions for whoever reads this post (and I'll put the answers within the blog):

1. What are your favorite Thanksgiving foods? Anything unusual (besides the usual Turkey, Gravy, Potatoes, Pumpkin Pie)?
- (from my brother-in-law Matt): Sauerkraut - yes, I married into that tradition. Of course I prefer steamed rice to mashed potatoes.
- (from my co-worker, Deanna): So I'm a total sucker for Green Bean Casserole. Everyone makes fun of me because I can't stand stuffing.
- From my good friends, Steve and Gena, full-time missionaries in Cofradia, MX: Since Gena and I have been married, one of the foods that have been included in the Thanksgivings that we've been able to celebrate with the family are...you guesed it, fresh refried beans, homemade salsa, and homemade tortillas...I'm getting hungry!


2. What are your favorite Thanksgiving Traditions? Mine? Eating!

- (also from Deanna): Last year a new family tradition began at Thanksgiving: a great game of touch football. That was definitely my favorite (and it didn't hurt that I was the one who scored 2 touchdowns).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving food just isn't quite complete without sauerkraut. :)

Anonymous said...

So I'm a total sucker for Green Bean Casserole. Everyone makes fun of me because I can't stand stuffing.

Last year a new family tradition began at Thanksgiving: a great game of touch football. That was definitely my favorite (and it didn't hurt that I was the one who scored 2 touchdowns).

The Silbermans said...

Since Gena and I have been married, one of the foods that have been included in the Thanksgivings that we've been able to celebrate with the family are...you guesed it, fresh refried beans, homemade salsa, and homemade tortillas...I'm getting hungry!

As for traditions...lately a phone call home.