Friday, July 18, 2008

AUS day 3: Sugar World

Ok, I'm finally getting my days together...Day 3 is Saturday in my book and this is the day we went to Sugar World. As usual, I only put a few pictures here in the blog; if you want to see all the pictures from this day that I've uploaded, click here. First things first, though.


We woke up to a beautiful sunny day and went down to the pier in the morning followed by a trip to Rusty's; the local Farmer's Market in Cairns. Rusty's was fun, although I'm sure I didn't enjoy it as some of those in our group. What I did find that I loved at Rusty's was some good Humbow, (although they call it something different).


(Julie, Nathan, Me and Andrew)

After Rusty's we packed up the van and headed to Sugar World; a water park with water slides. I must say; I've done water slides before but not quite like this. No, they weren't bigger or faster or scarier then what I've done in the past, but they were more painful. The first 4 times I went down the slides I got injured; a scrape here, a jammed finger there, a bruised elbow here...in fact, as of this writing on July 18th, I still have a very tender elbow thanks to the water slides. It did remind me how in America, probably as a result of everyone suing each other, we make everything perfectly "safe." At any rate, I survived thanks to a great tip from Scott and the rest of the day was a blast. (Lots more water-slide pictures here).

No comments: